Often long WhatsApp messages go unread, only partially understood, or even ignored. When using WhatsApp at work, you need to format the text in WhatsApp properly so that it catches the reader’s attention. You can highlight the text with italics or bold.
Format Text in WhatsApp to Make Chats Appear in an Attractive Style
The messaging platform lets your strikethrough or use monospaced fonts and ensures proper formatting of WhatsApp text. While there is no direct event to format your messages WhatsApp, you can bold, italicize, mono space, or strikethrough by following these steps.
How to Italicize on WhatsApp
One of the best ways to change WhatsApp’s writing style is by italicizing text. You can add important messages, post scripts, and other important facts and italicize them to grab the reader’s attention.
Below are some simple ways to add italicized text to your WhatsApp messages.
- Step one, type the message you want to send on WhatsApp.
- Then add an “_” sign on either side of the text or at the beginning of a word and the end of a word without leaving a space between the “_” sign and the letter next to it.
If you type, “_Hi, good morning_” in WhatsApp, you will get the text form: Hi, good morning.
How to Bold Text on WhatsApp?
If you get italicized text, you can also bold the text. It’s also easy and here are some steps:
- First type the message you want to send in the chat.
- Then put an asterisk (*) on either side of the text you want to bold.
If you type, “Hi, *good* morning”, you can get: Hi, good morning.
You can use this format text in WhatsApp on larger text. You just need to make sure there is no space between the asterisk and the next letter. As the text becomes bold, you will see the asterisk mark fade away before you send it.
How to Scribble on WhatsApp
The strikethrough feature is useful for those of you who use WhatsApp as a marketing or sales channel. You can decorate the text of price discounts and other offers using this one format. Below are the steps to use it:
- The first step is to select the message you want to strikethrough. If you are going to use the strikethrough to send a correction, you can copy the message and paste it in the chat.
- Then add “~” signs on both sides of the text, making sure there is no space between the tilde sign and the next letter for the function to work properly.
For example, if you want to type, “Hi, ~good~ morning”, you will get “Hi, good morning.”
Format text in WhatsApp is very easy and quick for us to try. It can also help us to emphasize the message you are about to send.